Women’s and feminist groups in Coventry (including Coventry Women’s Voices) are organising Coventry’s first Reclaim the Night event in over 30 years on March 1st and we need your help! Reclaim the Night will be an event for women to reclaim the streets of Coventry for themselves and to demand their right to a life free from the fear of violence and harassment.
We are looking for self-defined women who want to:
- Steward the event (don’t worry you will be fully trained and supported by lots of other stewards)
- Help with setting up the after-party
- Help with banner making
- Speak at the rally
- Perform at the rally or after-party (poetry, music, dance, any other performance pieces)
- Write short pieces about their experiences of harassment or assault, which will be used to encourage people to think about why Reclaim the Night is still necessary. (These can be named or anonymous).
- Publicising the event, talking to people, handing out flyers, putting up posters, promoting on social media
If you are part of a women’s organisation, trade union or other organisation working with or providing services to women and would like to make banners for the event, or bring along your own banners we would love to see you there.
If you are at all interested in doing any of these things, even if you will only be able to spare a few hours, please email email@example.com for more information.